Sunday, November 14, 2010

Relaxing weekend...

On Friday night, I wanted to just relax after a very busy week; I finished my first set of report cards!!! I went to a massage parlour with a few of my girl friends. Before we started our massages we had to make sure females were giving us massages. We did not want the other kind of massage... We all got the back massage with oil and jade stones for 89 quai which is about $14.00. Firstly, we had to change into other clothes they provided us. I also felt a little violated because she pulled down my shorts and tucked it in and then she sat on my ass while she was massaging me. It was not a very relaxing massage because I was very tense. It was quite painful. I guess if it doesn't hurt, they aren't doing it right. She even massaged me with her feet while standing on me. Thank goodness I have an ass because she balanced on my ass. Yesterday, I was a bit sore and I think bruised too. Today, I feel much better! I think next time I'm going to go for a calm and relaxing massage. I should treat myself to a massage at least once a month.

Yesterday, I woke up early and went into Dalian City. Catherine, Anjali and I went to I55 for all you can eat western breakfast. It was about $11.00/person. There was no one smoking or spitting in the cafe. The ambiance was relaxing and quiet. This is not very common in China. We were there for awhile just chatting and drinking coffee/tea. Anjali and I went to Peace Square where the higher-end stores are located. I bought two sweaters from Giordano and two thick pink long johns. Yes, I did buy PINK long johns. Heeheee...... It is starting to get cold here so I need to be prepared. There are many different designs and materials of long johns. The men long johns have a hole or a button in the front so it is easier for them to use the washroom (WC – water closet). Children have holes in their pants too so they can just use the washroom for no. 1 and 2 in public on the streets. TIP: Do not step in wet puddles. After shopping we went for a snack. We found a place call “Kiss Mango”. We had to go try it out because we both love eating mangoes. We shared three different mango items. It was delicious! We got a drink which is almost like a mango slush bubble tea with mango jelly, a dish with different kinds of fruit with milk, and a mango, grapefruit, vanilla ice-cream, milk and tapioca dish. On our way home on the train, we saw a few students. While we were exiting the station we have to scan our train pass and go through the turning bars. A MALE student was so busy talking that he crashed right into it. OUCH! He could not walk for quite awhile. His friends were laughing so hard that they were almost rolling on the floor and in tears. TIP: Males, please be careful and protect at all times. Overall, it was the most relaxing day I have had in a LONG time.

Today, I went for lunch at a restaurant that serves very good Western food, such as pizzas. Erin ordered her pasta and I ordered a seafood pizza. My order was going to take a little longer so the owner gave us a game to play while we were waiting. The game was “Love Jenga”. The blocks were painted white and pink. Each block had something written on it, such as blow a kiss to an opposite sexuals across from you. A picture and quotes will be in the next weekend blog. After lunch, we went grocery shopping in the fresh fruit and vegetables market and on our way we saw a woman walking on the streets holding her IV bag with the needle still attached to her. That was a China moment. If people are sick in China, they go to the hospital and strapped to an IV. People in China rarely take medications. They think the IV will cure them faster. On the way home, I almost got hit by a car ... Of course, I had to go back to school and get some work done to end my day.







No comments:

Post a Comment