Friday, July 8, 2011

A few months later.... the last part of my Hong Kong trip.

I know I've been very behind with my blogging. A few people have mentioned it to me. I got the memo. I will try to remember what has happened in my life from Feb. until June.

So I stayed in Hong Kong for most of my winter holiday. I did go to Malaysia and Singapore for a week with my parents. My parents like to join tours so they don't have to plan anything. However, I will NEVER join a tour again. I hate being restricted and only go to see touristy things. I was never late for the meet up time but we were always the last ones to show up. I like to use up all the time to explore. Many of the people on the trip didn't really care. They just take a quick look and then they were ready to leave. They didn't really appreciate the culture and the surrounding. It was quite relaxing though since we just hopped on and off a tour bus. I went to KL and Melaka. I spoke English and Cantonese in Malaysia. I really like Singapore. It's so clean! I really liked the Chinatown and I took a river tour too. I will definitely go visit again.

During my stay in Hong Kong, I got a chance to spend a lot of time with my family. It was my third time in HK. The first two times, I only stayed for 2.5 weeks. I built a stronger relationship with them too. Thank you for the hospitality! I also saw a few of my friends in Hong Kong, such as Peggy and Benson. It was nice seeing you and catching up =)

Chinese New Year in Hong Kong:
I ate so much in HK because I went when it was Chinese New Year time. I'm not complaining about that at all. In addition, I got red envelopes with money inside because I am not married yet =) heeheeehee One of my aunt's and I went to see the fireworks on CNY night and it was busy. I know, I hear fireworks a few times a day in China but it was different. There were many different shapes, such as happy faces, flowers, bunnies and the number "8". Very creative!

Many markets are opened. The Richmond market will never be the same for me. 

My Birthday:
I celebrated my birthday in HK with my family members. For lunch, I spent my birthday with Bonnie, Raphael, Bill Yee Ma and Uncle Tommy. My cousin and I celebrated our birthday at the "Intercontinental Hotel". We had the buffet. I have never seen so many different kinds of crabs and lobsters... It was DELICIOUS!!! The best buffet I have ever had!

In the evening, I celebrated my birthday with my immediate family. I was so full already but I continued to eat and eat and eat....  I had great food but most importantly, I spent it with my family members in Hong Kong.

I also had a birthday celebration in China! The girls, Anita, Anjali, Catherine, Rachel and Sui Ki surprised me. I had long sparklers to play with to begin the festivities =) Delicious dinners (not just one), Sui Ki cooked for me a few nights later too. Most of the girls just came back from India and they got me gorgeous purple material from India to make an Indian suit for my birthday. Thank you!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes and hugs from Canada!!! Next year, which country will I be spending my birthday at? hmmm....


Some reflections about Hong Kong:
-It is quite small with the large population but very civilized
-Many expats, definitely on the HK side
-Variety types of food
-Lots of shopping and things to see (I went to see the Big Buddha and the Tai O Village)
-Many people can speak English
-Very fast paced, always go, go, go

I might want to move to HK in the future. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment