Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First few days of my Hong Kong Trip


I arrived in Hong Kong on Mon. It was a LONG trip. I left my house in Jinshitan at 10am and arrived at my grandparents place in HK at 9pmish. There was a 1.5 hours delay for my plane to leave Dalian to ShenZhen. We were already on the plane so my legs and butt were numb after the flight. The flight was 3.5 hours. Then I had to take a bus from ShenZhen to HK border. I had to take everything off the bus and into a building to check out and in for China and HK. I had to fill out forms too. It took me a little while in there and then I had to go back on to a bus to Kowloon Tong to meet up with my aunt and uncle. They came to pick me up at the bus station. It was very kind of them. I told them I wasn't feeling very well for awhile now. I am still coughing... They went to a place were you can buy turtle pudding and a drink that would help cure colds. It's not real turtles. In addition, they bought BBQ pork for me! YEAH!!!! I haven't had BBQ pork for 6 months. Before I went to China, I thought I could live off of BBQ pork, rice and vegetables. I cannot find BBQ pork in Dalian.

Two days ago, I went for congee and rice noodles with my uncle and grandpa. My grandpa was scared that I was going to get lost on the MTR when I went to meet up with my uncle so he came along. My uncle was surprised that my grandpa came. Aww.... I already went electronic and some clothes shopping =) My uncle and grandpa went home to get some stuff done so I walked around on my own. I just randomly walked around and around. All I needed to know was where the MTR is. I know how to get home from there. I have had a lot of practice from Shanghai! Thank you to Catherine and Rachel =) Just a warning, the escalators in HK are very fast. I forgot how fast they were so the first time I got on one, I almost fell backwards. I had my first taro with pearls bubble tea in 6 months. I forgot how to say it in Cantonese so I had to point and describe it in Cantonese. I still like it more at “Bubble World”. My uncle knows that I love egg tarts. In Dalian, I only found Portuguese egg tarts. They aren't the same. He bought me a couple for a snack and for breakfast! I feel so spoiled here in HK. I've also had two home cooked dinners. My grandma is going to teach me a few dishes I can make on my own. 

Yesterday, I went for dim sum with my uncle. I had shrimp dumplings, sui mei, rice rolls, pan fried beef rice noodles, etc. Then I met up with my cousin Amy. I had to go to the doctor's first because I've been sick for a few weeks now. So the bad news is my asthma is back and also my allergies. I am now taking pills so hopefully everything will be going again. I haven't had asthma since I was a little girl. I'll keep you posted. After the doctor's clinic, we went for milk tea and thick toast with condensed milk for a snack. Amy went to work for a bit so I walked around Central. They have bars, restaurants and many stores in that area. I found a Starbucks that delivers! I found an English book store! Whoop whoop. I really like it in HK because there are so many things I can do at any time. There is a huge expact population. My cousin, Amy and I went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner with my other cousin, Charles, which I haven't seen in about 18 years. It was so nice to see him. The food was amazing. After dinner, Amy and I went for a foot massage. It was so relaxing. I slept over at Amy's for the night. Moorea  is so cute. This morning, she and I played together before she went to school. I am having a really good time in HK. Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment